Intensity is a vibrant professional services firm that applies expertise in economics, accounting, finance, and statistics to solve complex problems that organizations face in both the courtroom and the marketplace. As we continue to expand our team, we are looking to add self-motivated professionals seeking an opportunity that offers flexible roles under a flat operating structure and promotes growth in a merit-based environment. Each team member is given as much responsibility as they are willing to take on. You will not be restricted to a set development track—rather, your ambitions and capabilities will determine how you grow and advance. Our projects involve high-stakes litigation matters that provide an opportunity to work closely with prestigious law firms, Fortune 500 companies, and high-growth corporations.
We are looking for an accounting associate who is a phenomenal problem solver, true team player, can explain complicated financial and accounting records and concepts to a layperson, and is driven to succeed. Exceptional analytical skills, solid quantitative training, remarkable communication skills, and creativity are the foundation for a successful team member at Intensity. Ideal applicants have a degree in economics, accounting, finance or mathematics, a current CPA license, and 3 to 5 years of experience as an auditor or public accountant.
Intensity offers generous compensation along with a comprehensive benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, life insurance, disability coverage, paid holidays, flexible paid time off, and a 401(k)/profit sharing plan.
As a talent-driven company, we welcome economists to work in a hybrid structure at any of our offices located in San Diego, Dallas, and New York City, as well as fully remote in a U.S. location, if preferred.
Accounting associate responsibilities may include:
- Analyze key financial data
- Building financial models using spreadsheet software such as Microsoft Excel
- Identifying and synthesizing research on marketplace dynamics, conduct of market participants, and competitive performance
- Assembling, processing, and analyzing raw economic, financial, and operational data
- Crafting analytical arguments; drafting reports, memoranda, and letters
- Creating graphical presentations in Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, or similar software
- Bachelor’s degree in economics, accounting, finance, mathematics, or another related field
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) title
- 3-5 years of experience in an auditing or related position
- Exceptional analytical and problem‑solving skills
- Solid quantitative training
- Proficient using Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Strong written and verbal communications skills
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively
- Organization, accuracy, and strong attention to detail
- Open to receiving constructive feedback
- Motivation to exceed expectations
- Creativity, innovation, and intellectual curiosity
Interested in becoming a part of the Intensity team? We would love the opportunity to get to know you! Please send a thoughtful cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
We believe in transparency throughout all phases of the application and interviewing process, and thus welcome any information you deem helpful in assisting us to collectively determine whether there is a good fit for you at Intensity. For more information about us, please visit our website at intensity.com.