Intensity is an innovative professional services firm that applies expertise in economics, finance,
and statistics to solve challenging problems in the marketplace and the courtroom. We are a
team of driven professionals who inspire each other in a collegial environment that promotes the
growth of every team member.
As part of our paid internship program, we are offering a part-time Research Assistant position
for a duration of approximately 3 to 6 months. Ideal candidates are currently pursuing or already
have a degree in economics, finance, mathematics, or statistics; are relentless problem solvers,
true team players, and driven to succeed. Extraordinary analytical skills, quantitative training,
remarkable communication, and amazing creativity are the foundation for successful
participants. Professional experience is a plus, yet not required.
Intensity provides an engaging career opportunity to work with prestigious law firms, Fortune
500 companies, and high-growth corporations in a genuinely team-based organization. Research
Assistants make impactful contributions to high-stakes litigation and quantitative business
analytics projects. Participants in the internship program also benefit from extensive individual
training, collaboration with skilled consultants, and interaction with industry experts.
Intensity offers great perks, including a fully stocked kitchen, Friday team lunches, and fun
Located in beautiful San Diego, we were recently recognized for the third time as one of the best
places to work in San Diego.
The Research Assistant position at Intensity requires exceptional analytical skills and solid
quantitative training. We are a lean team that operates under a flat structure, meaning that
roles are flexible, and each team member is given as much responsibility as they are willing to
Research Assistant responsibilities may include:
- Assisting in building financial models using spreadsheet software such as Microsoft Excel
- Identifying and synthesizing research on marketplace structure, conduct of market
participants, and competitive performance
- Crafting analytical arguments; drafting reports, memoranda, and letters
- Assembling, processing, and analyzing raw economic, financial, and operational data
- Implementing econometric models using statistical software such as Stata
- Creating graphical presentations in Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, or similar software
- Exceptional analytical skills
- Solid quantitative training
- Substantial experience working with Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Strong written and verbal communications skills
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively
- Organization, accuracy, and strong attention to detail
- Desire to receive constructive feedback
- Motivation to exceed expectations
- Creativity, innovation, and intellectual curiosity
- Currently enrolled in an undergraduate (junior and senior years) or graduate degree
program in economics, finance, mathematics, statistics, or related field
- Ability to work on-site during business hours
- Experience in Stata, Python, R, and other software programs is helpful, yet not required
Interested in becoming a part of our close-knit team? We would love the opportunity to get to
know you! Please send a thoughtful cover letter, resume, and academic transcripts to firstname.lastname@example.org. The writing sample should fairly represent your individual writing abilities.
We believe in transparency throughout all phases of the application and interviewing process,
and thus welcome any information you deem helpful in assisting us to collectively determine
whether there is a good fit for you at Intensity. For more information about us, please visit our
website at www.intensity.com.