Intensity is an innovative professional services firm that applies expertise in economics, finance, and statistics to solve challenging problems in the marketplace and the courtroom. We are a team of driven professionals who inspire each other in a collegial environment that promotes the growth of every team member.
As part of our summer paid internship program, we are offering a full-time Research Assistant position for a duration of approximately 3 months. Ideal candidates are currently pursuing or already have a degree in economics, finance, mathematics, or statistics; are relentless problem solvers, true team players, and motivated to excel. Extraordinary analytical skills, quantitative training, remarkable communication, and amazing creativity are the foundation for successful participants. Professional experience is a plus, yet not required.
Intensity provides an engaging professional opportunity to work on projects involving prestigious law firms, Fortune 500 companies, and high-growth corporations in a genuinely team-based organization. Research Assistants make impactful contributions to high-stakes litigation and quantitative business analytics projects. Participants in the internship program also benefit from individual training and collaboration with skilled consultants.
Intensity offers great perks, including a fully stocked kitchen, Friday team lunches, and fun company outings. Located in beautiful San Diego, we offer a positive workplace experience at state-of-the-art facilities.
The Research Assistant position at Intensity requires exceptional analytical skills and solid quantitative training. We are a growing team that operates under a flat structure, meaning that roles are flexible, and each team member is given as much responsibility as they are willing to take on.
Research Assistant responsibilities may include:
- Assisting in building financial models using spreadsheet software such as Microsoft Excel
- Identifying and synthesizing research on marketplace structure, conduct of market
participants, and competitive performance
- Crafting analytical arguments; drafting reports, memoranda, and letters
- Assembling, processing, and analyzing raw economic, financial, and operational data
- Implementing econometric models using statistical software such as Stata
- Creating graphical presentations in Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, or similar software
- Exceptional analytical skills
- Solid quantitative training
- Proficient with Microsoft Word, and Excel
- Strong written and verbal communications skills
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively
- Organization, accuracy, and strong attention to detail
- Desire to receive constructive feedback
- Motivation to exceed expectations
- Creativity, innovation, and intellectual curiosity
- Currently enrolled in an undergraduate (junior and senior years) or graduate degree
program in economics, finance, mathematics, statistics, or related field
- Ability to work on-site during business hours
- Experience in Stata, Python, R, and other software programs is helpful, yet not required
Interested in becoming a part of our growing team? We would love the opportunity to get to
know you! Please send a thoughtful cover letter, resume, and academic transcripts to email@example.com.
We believe in transparency throughout all phases of the application and interviewing process,
and thus welcome any information you deem helpful in assisting us to collectively determine
whether there is a good fit for you at Intensity. For more information about us, please visit our
website at www.intensity.com.