Intensity is an innovative professional services firm that applies expertise in economics, finance, and statistics to solve challenging problems in the marketplace and the courtroom. We are a team of driven professionals who inspire each other in a collegial environment that promotes the growth of every team member. We provide increased responsibility and rapid advancement for dedicated individuals who excel.
We are seeking analysts who are relentless problem solvers, true team players, and driven to win. Of course, exceptional capabilities are a must. Extraordinary analytical skills, superior quantitative training, remarkable communication, and amazing creativity are the foundation for successful Intensity analysts. Ideal applicants have a degree in economics, finance, mathematics, or statistics from a leading university. Professional experience is a plus, yet not required.
Intensity provides an engaging career opportunity to work with prestigious law firms, Fortune 500 companies, and high-growth corporations in a genuinely team-based organization. Our projects involve high-stakes litigation and quantitative business analytics. Yes, our work can be demanding—hence the name Intensity. And that is how we want it, because it is exceptionally rewarding—personally and professionally.
Intensity offers generous compensation along with a comprehensive benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, life insurance, disability coverage, paid holidays, flexible paid time off, and a 401(k)/profit sharing plan. In addition to these benefits, Intensity provides great perks, including a fully stocked kitchen, Friday team lunches, and fun company outings.
Located in beautiful San Diego, we were recently recognized for the third time as one of the best places to work in San Diego.
The Analyst position at Intensity requires exceptional analytical skills and solid quantitative training. We are a lean team that operates under a flat structure, meaning that roles are flexible, and each team member is given as much responsibility as they are willing to take on. You will not be restricted to a set development track—rather, your ambitions and capabilities will determine how you grow and advance.
Analyst responsibilities may include:
- Building financial models using spreadsheet software such as Microsoft Excel
- Crafting analytical arguments; drafting reports, memoranda, and letters
- Constructing econometric models using statistical software such as Stata (and in certain cases, advanced computer programming)
- Assembling, processing, and analyzing raw economic, financial, and operational data
- Identifying and synthesizing research on marketplace structure, conduct of market participants, and competitive performance
- Creating graphical presentations in Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, or similar software
- Exceptional analytical skills
- Solid quantitative training
- Substantial experience working with Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Strong written and verbal communications skills
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively
- Organization, accuracy, and strong attention to detail
- Desire to receive constructive feedback
- Motivation to exceed expectations
- Creativity, innovation, and intellectual curiosity
- Bachelor’s degree in economics, finance, mathematics, statistics, or related fields
- Experience in Stata, Python, R, and other software programs is helpful, yet not required
Interested in becoming a part of our close-knit team? We would love the opportunity to get to know you! Please send a thoughtful cover letter, resume, academic transcripts, and an academic writing sample to email@example.com. The writing sample should fairly represent your individual writing abilities.
We believe in transparency throughout all phases of the application and interviewing process, and thus welcome any information you deem helpful in assisting us to collectively determine whether there is a good fit for you at Intensity. For more information about us, please visit our website at www.intensity.com.