Intensity’s and Secretariat’s professionals are trusted with their expertise in the highest-stakes business decisions, legal, risk, and regulatory matters around the world. Renowned law firms, leading corporations, and influential governmental entities turn to our financial, economic, engineering, and data professionals to answer complex questions when the stakes are high — supporting them with meticulous preparation, rigorous analysis, insightful testimony, and clearly persuasive communications.
We are currently seeking Associates to join our rapidly growing team of economists, statisticians, accountants, and financial analysts. We apply our expertise to solve challenging problems organizations face in the marketplace and the courtroom. Our projects involve high-stakes litigation matters that provide an opportunity to work with prestigious law firms, Fortune 500 companies, and high-growth corporations in a dynamic, team-based organization.
Our Associates are phenomenal problem solvers, true team players, and driven to succeed. Exceptional analytical skills, solid quantitative training, remarkable communication skills, and creativity are the foundation for successful associates at Intensity, a Secretariat company. Ideal applicants are currently pursuing or already have a degree in economics, finance, mathematics, or another quantitative field from a leading university.
We offer generous compensation along with a comprehensive benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, life insurance, disability coverage, paid holidays, paid time off, and a 401(k)/profit sharing plan.
The position is available in any of our offices in San Diego, Dallas, New York, and Washington, DC. In-person training is required for the first three months of employment and a flexible hybrid model is available thereafter.
Associates’ responsibilities may include:
- Building quantitative models using spreadsheet software such as Microsoft Excel
- Identifying and synthesizing research on marketplace dynamics, conduct of market participants, and competitive performance
- Assembling, processing, and analyzing raw economic, financial, and operational data
- Crafting analytical arguments; drafting reports, memoranda, and letters
- Creating graphical presentations in Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, or similar software
- Constructing econometric models using statistical software such as Stata (and in certain cases, advanced computer programming)
- Bachelor’s degree in economics, finance, mathematics, or another quantitative field
- Proficient using Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Experience in Stata, Python, or R is preferred, yet not required
- Exceptional analytical and problem‑solving skills
- Experience analyzing data and information to extract insights
- Motivation to exceed expectations
- Creativity, innovation, and intellectual curiosity
- Organization, accuracy, and strong attention to detail
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively
- Strong written and verbal communications skills
Interested in becoming a part of our team? We would love the opportunity to get to know you! Please submit a cover letter, resume, academic transcripts, and an academic writing sample here: Application Form.
For more information, please visit us at www.intensity.com.